Why Your Organization Should Educate People about Y2K
Why Educate Your Employees/Members
- Shows that you care about your employee's well-being.
- Their early awareness and preparation will reduce the chance for personal
- Gives the employee's confidence in your organization's Y2k plan.
- May help reduce absenteeism and low productivity because of concerns
for their families.
- Employees are your best source for identifying Y2k risks to your organization
-- the more they know about Y2k, the more helpful they can be.
Consider including an insert or cover letter describing what the company
is doing about Y2k and what your expectations are from each employee. You
might suggest that they work in their own communities with local governments,
school districts and non-profit agencies to help them deal with their Y2k
Why Educate Your Customers, Suppliers and Service Providers
- So that your customers will have the same information as your employees.
- To encourage them to educate their employees.
- Increases their confidence in your Y2k program.
- Demonstrates that you have a comprehensive and proactive Y2k program.
- Will help to strengthen business partnerships.
Why Educate People In Your Community
-- L&S Resources - Leille and Sue
- To help increase understanding of Y2k and ensure that everyone is
working to resolve the problem.
- To help insure that the community will be prepared for Y2k and thus
create a better environment for your business.
- To strengthen your image as a good citizen of the community